Kobido Facial Massage
A Kobido facial massage is a Japanese massage that rejuvenates your complexion, stimulates facial muscles, and reduces the impact of aging. Overture Spa offers the best Kobido facials in Brooklyn, serving Williamsburg 11211, 11249, 11206, and Greenpoint 11222 residents.
Known as the “natural Japanese face-lift,” Kobido, which signifies a “former or ancient path to beauty,” dates back to 1472. Kobido holds roots in Chinese medicine but was fully devised years later in Japan. Previously, only one massage, called Anma, existed. The Empress desired to retain her beauty, and eventually, two anma masters competed for her approval. With deep respect and admiration, the two massagers joined their talents and developed the Kobido facial massage and 48 of the 1000 techniques. For centuries, only the Empresses and nobility benefited from Kobido. Samurais also gave themselves Kobido facial massages to soothe their minds after harsh battles.
Kobido Facial Massage Benefits
Kobido combines non-invasive, slow, and fast hand movements, which as a result, encourage circulation within the face, neck, shoulders, and upper chest. Dead skin cells disappear, in effect boosting collagen and elastin production for luminous skin.
- Improved circulation and lymphatic flow.
- Relaxes your deepest muscles while diminishing facial stiffness.
- Reduces wrinkles and lines.
- Tones facial muscles.
- Stimulates the nervous system.
- Relieves Bruxism, jaw joint aches, and pains.
- Alleviates headaches and migraines, and insomnia.
- Acupressure is applied on the skull, and eye contours ease puffiness, swelling, and pain.
- The massage helps you unwind, as well as calms your stress and anxiety.
- Drains fluid retention and discharges toxins, creating a radiant complexion.
Aside from pain relief, a Kobido facial massage at the same time visibly improves the appearance of your skin. provides brightness and a more uniform tone, removes and prevents wrinkles, and reduces the appearance of bags beneath the eyes. You’ll leave our Brooklyn Spa feeling naturally beautiful and relaxed. Overture Spa gives the finest Kobido massages to clients across Williamsburg, 11211, 11249, 11206, and Greenpoint in 11222, Brooklyn.